Wednesday 16 September 2015

Las Iguanas restaurant review

Hey guys! The first time I discovered Las Iguanas was on my holiday in Cardiff (some of you may remember from my holiday post on my lifestyle blog.) I adored it then and so imagine my happiness when I found one in Meadow Hall as myself and my boyfriend went to look for something to eat.

Las Iguanas is a Latin restaurant, with amazing Brazilian and Mexican foods and lots of tapas. Both times I have been here, I ordered the salads, the first time I got the Cranberry and Avocado and the second I got the Mango and Pecan.


My boyfriend ordered a shredded beef burrito which tasted amazing too!

On of my favourite things about this restaurant is that it is happy hour nearly all the time. It's all day Sunday-Wednesday and from 12-7 the other days. They have an amazing list of cocktails which although I didn't order from, I did get two raspberry cooler's for the price of one.


When in Cardiff, myself and my family found out how absolutely fantastic their churros is. Myself and my boyfriend also ordered the churros for pudding, three between the two of us as we were quite full with the dulce de leche sauce (caramel.) They were just as amazing and this sauce is fantastic.


Last time I went, I also got the mango sorbet which was lovely too! Their pudding list is mouth watering!

There is a wide range of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free food too so everyone can find something they like!

The price is quite good, for the two of us (two mains, two drinks, and churros) it was £29. The salads are all under £10 and the rest of the mains are around £10. The only things that are a little on the expensive side are the steak and the Cordero, both at £16.50, and the whole blazing chicken at £16.90 (half is £10.90). The most expensive pudding is £6.50 which is for six churros and both the chocolate and dulce de leche sauce, the one we got for half and for one sauce was £3.50. The other puddings are around a fiver.  I would say it was definitely good value for money and would overall go back to try the other delicious food on the menu and some cocktails!

Have you been here?
What did you think?
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment