Thursday 22 October 2015

Healthy coconut and lemon truffles

Hey guys! Today's recipe comes from one I found on Chocolate Covered Katie's instagram. I am not sure if the recipe is her own or not however this is where I got it from! I have converted the cups into grams and changed it a little bit! I hope you like!



Makes 13 truffles
For this recipe you will need:
Half a lemon (juice and zest)
100g of desiccated coconut plus extra for coating
50g of ground almonds (the original said almond meal but I used this instead and it worked perfectly)
2 tbsp of pure maple syrup
half a tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of coconut oil

The method could not be simpler! Simple put every ingredient into the food processor until you can form a batter with it in your hands. It should look like this:

Before:
 After:

Then form them into balls and roll them in the extra coconut in a bowl. Then place them onto some parchment paper and pop them in the fridge for half an hour!
 And voilĂ  they are done!


Hope you enjoyed,
lots of love
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment