Saturday 22 August 2015

Healthy fast food cafe review (Nourish)

Hey guys! Recently I had discovered a place to eat in the centre of Leeds called Nourish, which serves healthy fast food. I have been there twice now and the food is absolutely delicious! It is true to what it says, the food comes within seconds, even faster I would say that at MacDonald's or other places like that and the best part is it is full of wonderful things.

The first time I went, I got turkey meatballs with courgette noodles and quinoa and it came in a little tub.

It was so filling too. Other things to get include hot and cold wholemeal wraps, ready made salad boxes, sweet potatoes with hot or cold toppings and other hot food including curries, quinoa pots and more. They also do a range of snacks and smoothies and of course a great breakfast selection with includes different types of porridge, eggs, and things on toast such as avocado.

The second time I went, I got a sweet potato with five bean chilli

This gave me great energy for the gym!

The place itself is very nice, with long wooden tables and plenty of seating including big comfy sofas. There is also a kitchen that you can see into and see them making the food which is all done in advance.


The only negative thing I would say is that it is quite expensive. Not outrageous, but hot food and salad boxes are about five pounds and the wraps are a little less that four pounds. For a pound extra, you can add a bottle of water and a piece of fruit and for a pound fifty a bottle of water and some flavoured popcorn. While some would argue this isn't too bad, as an almost student this is not something that I could afford every day, and is not Macdonalds £1.99 for a cheeseburger and chips which is much more easily affordable. It is really good food and obviously so much better quality than Macdonalds, but if they want to really promote this out there and get people eating healthier and get more of these type of healthy fast food places, the prices should be lower.

I would definitely recommend this place and I will no doubt be back again!
Have you tried this? What did you think?
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment