Monday 17 August 2015

Vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe

Hey guys! This recipe is one I made for dinner for myself and my sister and my dad! I adapted it from an original recipe from BBC good food which you can find here. I made quite a lot of differences to suit our tastes! This is at least three of your five a day and compleatly veggie! Hope you enjoy.

For my version of this recipe (for three people) you will need:

2 Aubergines cut up and diced
1 red onion sliced
2 cans of tinned tomato
1 tbs of ground cumin
a bunch of chopped coriander
1 can of kidney beans (not drained)
35g of feta cheese chopped
1 egg
a small bag of rocket
1 chopped clove of garlic
3 peppers, seeded and cut into halves

In the original, they used a chilli too, and fromage frais. I cut these out as I cannot eat fromage frais and my sister doesn't like chilli's! I messed around a little with the quantities and these are what I found worked best!

Put the oven on at 190 degrees Celsius normal oven or 170 fan and do your prep. Then put the chopped aubergine, onion, tomatoes, the cumin, garlic and the kidney beans (and the juice.) Then stir in the coriander. Cover this and let it cook for 20 minuets.

Put the peppers in a baking dish and bake them for 20 minuets in the oven.
Then beat the egg with the feta in a seperate bowl

When the peppers are done, take them out and spoon the aubergine mixture in. Then put the cheese mixture on top and put them back in the  oven for ten minuets. In the meantime, put the rocket onto plates.
When they are done put them onto plates and you are done!

I found that there is loads of the aubergine mixture left and spooned some extra onto the sides. The extra can be eaten the next day (like I am going to do!) with a jacket potato or a sweet potato!

Lots of Love
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment