Monday 19 October 2015

student meals- Chicken and mushroom couscous

Hey guys! Today's recipe is a meal I have come up with that is cheap and delicious and healthy! I have used half a packet of lemon and coriander couscous from asda that I just needed to put in hot water for five minuet's, but you can use any type of couscous you like so follow the instructions on the packet for your own couscous!



For one, for this recipe you will need.

some oil or oil spray
two mini chicken fillets
couscous
5 or 6 white mushrooms
a small onion or half a large one
teaspoon of harissa


First of all cut up the onion and mushrooms.

Then heat oil in a pan at a high heat and add the onions. When they begin to get soft, add the mushrooms.
In a frying pan, heat oil at a high heat. Cut the chicken up into bite size pieces and rub harissa into them. Then fry the chicken until it goes white. Make sure when you cut into it it is white!
Then I put boiling water into my cousus, but follow your instructions accordingly.

When everything is done, (I often find my mushrooms and onions are done first, make sure you don't burn them.) Then put everything into one large bowl or plate and mix it all together and enjoy!

Lots of love,
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment